Site Features & Amenities
Designed around (and inspired by) a fir tree grove, the site plan is intended to facilitate community building, more efficient resource use, and interaction among residents. Cully Green will offer residents private homes with shared amenities, including:
- Mature grove of fir trees with campfire area and nearby sauna;
- Centrally-located common building with kitchen for social gatherings, laundry, and food processing projects;
- Guesthouse for visiting friends and family; and
- Community garden, picnic area, bike barn, and space for children to play.
Top quality, energy-efficient construction:
- Certified by Energy Trust of Oregon, Cully Green homes are designed to be significantly more energy efficient than standard construction
- Insulation levels will exceed code requirements, creating a more comfortable living space, regulating air temperature, dampening sound, and improving energy efficiency
- Ductless, quiet and remote-controlled heating and cooling systems operate on less power and deliver temperature-controlled air directly into occupied rooms
- Quartz countertops with under-mount sinks, shaker-style alder cabinets with solid wood doors
- Hardwood main floors, Marmoleum bathroom floors, and wool carpet everywhere else
- Natural wood doors and trim throughout, clear sealed, with antique bronze hardware
- Energy Star appliances, including Frigidaire stainless steel induction range, micro-hood, and Bosch dishwasher
- Heat Recovery Ventilator systems and Panasonic Whisperlite bath fans
- Durable 40-year asphalt-shingle roofing and James Hardie cement board siding
- Large covered front porches, back yard storage shed, and private yard
Cully Green presents an opportunity to model what we’re calling “voluntary inclusionary zoning.” Socially-conscious investors provide relatively inexpensive financing so permanently affordable homes can be included within Cully Green. To that end, Orange Splot LLC is investing alongside Proud Ground and Living Cully to make 3 homes available for first time homebuyers who earn 80% of Median Family Income.
This project has received strong support from the Cully Association of Neighbors, and other advocates in support of increasing affordable home-ownership in Cully. We’re now in the final stages of permitting and are beginning site clearing & prep work, on track to start construction later this year.
Jump to the Reservations page to reserve a Cully Green home.
To join our prospective buyer list, or to receive updates on Cully Green developments for any other reason, please sign up here.